Sunday, July 15, 2012

Music to Wake Up To

When I was a child, my parents had a habit of waking my brother and I on weekend mornings by blasting music through the house. I can tell you there is nothing better than to be woken by big band jazz and the smell of pancakes. I assembled the following playlist for myself with that feeling in mind. Not all of the songs contained therein were played those mornings. Sometimes my mother would play Diana Krall to wake us, but I prefer to forget about that. The songs here all make me think of those mornings, of trips to the beach, but most of all of my parents. I made this playlist for my own benefit, but have elected to share it in the hope that someone else will wake up their kids, or someone, with it.

  Upbeat Old by Benjamin CCM on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment